Saturday 11 July 2015

Melissa Danielle's Liverpool Adventure, Part 2.

In Part 1, we read about Melissa arriving in Liverpool, England from Melbourne, Australia a few days before Paul McCartney's concert at the Echo Arena. She saw the sights of Liverpool that will forever be synonymous with the Beatles and now she's going to see her favourite Beatle, Paul McCartney for her first time live in his hometown and she's got a perfect view....

"The time had finally come...I was in the arena! DJ Chris Holmes was playing mixes of Paul/Beatles songs..."


"I couldn't believe how close I was to the stage!

and then after what felt like an eternity..."





"I was totally in awe! I felt like I was in a dream.  I distinctly remember Paul looking at me, reading my sign that said I'd come from Australia just to see him and sort of nodding at me and making a "wow!" face...he did that twice! Once during Hey Jude when he was at the magic piano which was right in front of me and again during another song which I forget but I'm pretty sure it was Got To Get You Into My Life!" 



"During Back In The USSR Paul looked STRAIGHT at me and sang for about 20 seconds or so but it felt like so much longer! I had the biggest smile on my face and I was singing back to him! I wish I got it on video! I couldn't stop shaking, I was in shock!"






"Paul looking right at me! (He did this 4 times) I was jumping around like a crazy woman trying to get his attention so he might have been frightened! After playing for almost 3 hours including 2 encores the show was finished.  I didn't want him to go! I had the best time of my life and I'm so glad i faced my fear of traveling to another country alone so I could see him.  It was well worth it! He is the
GREATEST!"

 The End.

I'd like to thank Melissa for sharing her story and her pictures with us. She is one of Paul's most devoted fans and we are so glad that she got the chance of seeing Paul McCartney in his hometown. As a Paul fan myself, I know exactly what she went through on her first time seeing him but seeing him in Liverpool is just magical. I hope she manages to see Paul several more times!

Melissa in the grip of PPD (Post Paul Depression) Albert Dock, Liverpool on the day after the concert.

You can follow Melissa on Twitter for more Beatles & Paul McCartney goodness!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!

Read More...