Wednesday 28 August 2019

And In The End...

The Beatles in the 'Hello Goodbye' promotional film, 1967. Photo: Apple Corps

Well, it's been a while since I posted last on here but I have returned! (As John said in Help! "Let's go back and get 'em, eh?")

"Where have you been?" I don't hear you ask! I've been busy over on our sister website Tea and a Butty and its podcast so if any of you are interested in British and American culture and the clashes that happen frequently between them, head on over and take a listen to us and most of all, let us know what you think! (We love to hear from you!)

The Beatles ceased to be a working band unofficially in 1969 and officially in 1970 when Paul announced he was quitting. Would they have gotten back together if John hadn't been killed will be the eternal question on the minds of all their fans both old and new. It is destined to be debated until time runs out.

Himesh Patel as Jack Malik in the 2019 film 'Yesterday' Photo: Universal





I hope everybody is enjoying this website and continues to. I don't plan on deleting it and its here forever* I am simply one of many out there that seek to put all of the facts as we know them up on here and discuss the news of Paul, Ringo and everyone else who was involved in this fantastic story. Isn't it amazing that over 50 years later we are still discussing a band that had extremely humble beginnings in Liverpool? Much art has been devoted to them and the most recent of them being the Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis film 'Yesterday' which features Himesh Patel as struggling musician Jack Malik who, due to an atmospheric phenomenon, finds himself one of only three people who remember the Beatles and their music.

I want to keep this blog open and update it when I feel like it but if you want to keep up with me, head on over to Tea and a Butty and check us out on there!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!

Read More...